Being obese is one of the most harmful conditions you can suffer from, and you are more likely to have severe health problems like type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Many people opt for surgeries and is recommended by best Obesity surgeons in Turkey when you have not been able to lose weight with diet control and regular exercise. Doctors recommend surgery when
- You are an adult and having a BMI of 40 or above.
- You are an adult and having a BMI 35 and above, and you also suffer from another health condition linked with weight.
How much weight obese people lose after weight loss surgery depends upon many factors like your health before surgery, type of surgery; however, several people lose almost all extra weight they have. It is not a cosmetic surgery actually as it will not remove fatty tissues. After losing weight post-surgery, people choose further surgical procedures to remove excess skin from many body parts like thighs, breasts, belly, and upper arms. Best Obesity Surgeons in Turkey are trained and experienced to perform weight loss surgery with high success rates.
About surgery for weight loss
There can be two types of surgeries of weight loss done by best obesity surgeons in Turkey counting restrictive or else a combination of both restrictive and malabsorptive.
- Restrictive weight loss surgery
In this type of surgical process, obesity surgeons perform surgery to make the stomach smaller, and in this way, they limit the amount of food the stomach can hold.
It is the type of surgical process performed by obesity surgeons which aim to change the path of intestine and food bypasses part of the intestine. However, generally, nutrients are absorbed in intestine bypassing the part that reduces the amount your body absorbs and which leads to weight loss.
Ways in which obesity surgery is done
There are two ways in which Top 10 Bariatric Surgeons in Turkey perform weight loss surgery:
- Open surgery
It is a way of doing surgery in which surgeons make a large cut in the belly.
- Laparoscopic surgery
In this type of surgery, the surgeon will make many small cuts and uses small tools with a camera to guide the process. In this type of surgery, patients recover soon and also experience less pain or any problems post-surgery. Out of the two, this type of surgery is often performed for weight loss.
In what way weight loss surgery affect your eating patterns?
After surgery performed by one of the best Obesity surgeons in Turkey, you need to make lifelong changes in terms of your diet as how to eat and drink:
- Post weight loss surgery, you have to eat slowly, and chewing food properly is a vital part, or else you may vomit often, and you may have pain too.
- Post obesity surgery, you have to consume small meals as you can only eat a few ounces of food at a time. After surgery, your new stomach can hold a less amount of food, so eating mindfully is important.
- After the surgery, you cannot drink for 30 minutes before you eat, during your meal, or else after 30 minutes of your meal. Your new stomach will not have that much space for both food and drinks.
- Post weight loss surgery, you have to take care in terms of drinking alcohol as you may become intoxicated much more quickly . if you drink alcohol in excess, it may cause ulcers in the intestine as well as in the stomach.
- After weight loss surgery performed by your body cannot absorb all vital nutrients from food, and your obesity specialist can recommend you to have vitamins and supplements to get enough nutrients.
- Post-surgery you have to avoid foods having sugars as it may cause problems termed as dumping syndrome. The reason behind this problem is that as food moves too quickly through the intestine and stomach, it can cause belly pain, cramping, sweating, dizziness, shaking, rapid heart rate, and also diarrhea.
After surgery performed by Best Obesity Surgeons in Turkey, you will need to make many alterations in diet and eating patterns. Regular exercise is also essential for losing and maintaining a new weight. In many cases, several people gain weight again after a few years because they don’t make necessary and obligatory changes.